- Are transfers included?
You can purchase your airport transfers direct from Avalon Waterways when making your cruise booking. Please enquire with your Travel Agent for prices.
- Do I need Travel Insurance?
- We strongly recommend that you have a travel insurance policy whilst travelling. It’s important that you protect yourself in case of natural disasters, lost or delayed baggage and unforseen medical expenses.
- Is it safe to cruise while pregnant?
Avalon Waterways does not have specialised facilities and/or treatments for childbirth, prenatal or early infant care on board its cruise ships, nor may those facilities be available at ports of call or on land stays. The Company strongly urges pregnant travellers to consider the risks of travelling where necessary medical care for pregnancy may not be available and may not be reachable in a timely manner to address potential medical complications, problems and emergencies that can occur during pregnancy.
- What is a Single Room Supplement?
For single travellers who prefer the privacy of their own room and stateroom, single accommodation can be requested. Contact your Travel Agent for single room supplements.
(Please note: Payment of the single room supplement ensures your own room, not necessarily a twin-bedded room)
- What is a Guaranteed Departure?
- Where "GD" appears next to a departure, the itinerary is a “Guaranteed Departure” and therefore guaranteed to operate. Tours without the “GD” indicator are still planned to operate, however may be subject to rescheduling. Many factors determine whether a departure becomes guaranteed. Ask your Travel Agent for advice on the best option for you.
- Will I need a passport and visa?
Passports are needed when travelling outside your country. Your passport should have at least six months validity once your trip concludes.
You are responsible for obtaining all necessary visas prior to the departure of your cruise. Depending on your nationality, you may need visas to enter certain countries included on your trip. We strongly advise that you consult your travel agent well in advance to determine which visas you require and how to obtain them.
- What is the staff to guest ratio?
So passengers receive unmatched personal service, our average staff to guest ratio is one staff member per three guests.
- Will I be travelling with people from other countries?
- Avalon Waterways is an international company. As such, you will be travelling with like-minded cruise enthusiasts from countries as diverse as the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, as well as Europe and Asia regions.